PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens within NATS after the pension results are in??
Old 3rd Jan 2009, 12:41
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard the rumour about unpaid leave at Swanwick next year as well... a friend was enquiring if part time working was available if they wanted to go down that route and the manpower manager (I forget his correct title)said "yes, in fact next year we will be asking people to take unpaid leave in the summer as we will be overstaffed"

The usual scaremongering and head up arse rubbish... especially considering that now, in the depths of winter, we are still needing lots of AAVAa to run the operation.

Not sure if it is scaremongering to enable a poor pay deal - given this person used to be a big union cheese and is still actually quite fair when it comes to that side of things, I put it down to bluster and a large dollop of naivety

Furrybeast

I don't see any whingeing in the last few posts - unless of course you think that operational staff being concerned about the Ops room being properly manned is whingein. If that's the case then I will put my hand up to being one of the biggest whingers. Maybe we should just let staffing levels be run down, it is only a safety orientated business after all.