PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2009, 11:41
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Richard

you and everybody connected to ABZ has every right to feel frustrated in the planning of ABZ airport.

As you say airlines are not intrested in ABZ because years back the limitations surrounding the airport ie opening times runway restrictions to name but a few.

The blame soley lies with the council you are right when the BAA own the airport but planning has to be put through the local council and this is where the problems.

Aberdeen airport would be better placed in another situation out of the city where there are not that many restrictions where to many people complain about noise even with the more modern airlines with som much more quieter engines.

You can have an airport full with Bae146 airliners and still people would complain about the noise and their time were classed the worlds most quietest aircraft.

So my point is not the airlines nor the BAA are at fault but with Aberdeen Council were planning decssions take a a decade and with in the time airlines fall out of inetrest and the BAA do not want to invest with Aberdeen.

Aberdeen Airport would be better placed at an ex military base such as Lossiemouth or Leuchars, but would would need a hell of lot of investors and intrested airlines which in my opinion would not be such a problem.

This is only my opinion of the situation with ABZ and don't come ruuning after me about this.

Have a nice weekend

PB