PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licensed vice Non-Licensed Airfields in the UK
Old 2nd Jan 2009, 13:24
slyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denes

Let me set you straight.

North denes is not liceneced

it does have ATC service 7 days a week 0600-2300 hrs. It has 2 NDB approach which also use the DME at Norwich. all of this is approved by the CAA for approved operators i.e CHC, Bristow etc. The CAA audit the aerodrome and its facilities annually.

North denes does however fully operate to CAP 168 the licencing of aerodromes. the only part that it doesnt comply with is the security arrangements, i.e fencing area controls etc. It was not in the past deemed necessary to fence the 37 acre airfield in, but in the current state of the world this is now being looked at as is licensing. It does have a full H2 fire service available during all opening hours.

The ATC service is now supplied by Marshalls who also operate Norwich airport, this i belive now includes a limited radar service.

there is now no need for CHC staff to conduct an A to G service, although for an out of hours medivac, this may be an option, if this was done, it is as always the pilots discretion whether to use Denes as the return option, depending on conditions.

hope this clears things a little