PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 31st Dec 2008, 17:33
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
frnikolai
I had to make another booking with Ryanair - and I still don't get why my 2 younger siblings who are not 16 (so can't make two separate bookings) have to pay for "0 bags/airport check-in). I need a bag, but they can just check-in online and queue with me?
One reason could be to check their ID more closely as they are Minors and letting them out of the country without correct papers would be problematical for FR.

One reason could be that, having identified that you need to check in a bag and pay extra, it is easy to compel all others in your party to do the same!

I have wasted £20 extra for something I really don't need.
No - you have paid for your flights in a way that kept the headline price down. They were always going to get you one way or the other and, as you say that you are a regular with FR, you will know how clever they are at doing that!

Will Ryanair ever change this policy?
Not whilst it is making them money! After all, they cannot run an airline on £1.00 per seat.

After all, they are TRYING to cut the amount of people checking in at the airport!!
No, they are trying to maximise the amount of money they get!

Happy Travels!