PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2008, 10:44
techno68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah!!!!!

very stupid!!!

You are flying, and perhaps you think you are the best!
I do maintenance, for more than 30 years, and believe me it is not always as easy as you think it is. Sometimes we have tricky problems, bad or imcomplete reports from crews, time constraints, environmental pressure, organisational problems, and it is a non exhaustive list.

A lot of improvement have been made the last ten years, but unlike the magical pilots, engineers are humans and as such can do mistakes.

Have you been already in a hangar during nightshift, when we try to fix all the problem you had during the day, or in a C-Check, when the only left of your flying machine is a tube, and millions of parts scattered on shelves, or on line maintenance, during turn around, in **** weather trying to find why on earth this damned aircraft is veering during to the left 4.5° when all seems OK.

I have been flying a lot, and I realised how a flight can turn from routine to a highly stressed situation whithin seconds, and I do understand why sometimes pilots (human one, not like you) can quick get to reach the limits.

But if I would say that pilots are only good in CAVOK conditions and with no technical problems, that the autopilot is leading the show and that you are only here for monitoring screens and chatting with skirtcrews, you would not appreciate!!! And you would be right, because it is not true!!!

So please, get in touch with a proper engineer to know about maintenance, get teach about humanity, and humility will touch you...
hopefully