PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to stop the Coningsby flying club?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 07:49
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to stop the Coningsby flying club?

It seems to me that many of the problems for the FJ world at the moment can be summed up with "too much work, not enough play".
We all know how it works - "sorry chaps we're overstretched so we still have to go to Saudi/falklands/Turkey but we are going to cancel Flag and the Sqn exchange".
It seems to me that we have to make the most of the assets we have which act as a light at the end of the tunnel for some people.
One of these assets should be the BBMF. For too long it has been run as a private air force by a small mafia and is a nice little perk for some at Cgy. Why not run this rather like the Reds with a selection procedure and a place on the "team" for 3 years. It need not be a full time job which might limit where successful aplicants came from but ask guys at Cott/Witt/Mar/Colt/
Wadd/Cran if they'd be willing to travel once or twice a week and I know the answer you'd get.

The good deals open to the average mate can now be counted on the fingers of one hand - lets open this one up to make it fairer for everybody.