PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The mystery of the 757
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 14:13
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The mystery of the 757

We know that the 737 and 747 are the two machines that made Boeing what they are, or should be today, but the 757 is truely an amazing machine but was it before it's time?

The aircraft is the most efficient in it's class, can use runways much shorter than the Airbus alternative and, for aircraft lovers, it's engines don't sound bad either!

The 739ER is supposed to be the new replacement for the 757 on the short haul sectors but what is the replacement for it on the longer flights? The 787? But surely this carries more passengers than the 757?

Airlines such as DL and CO are increasing becoming aware of how lucrative these aircraft can be on TATL flights to small cities to feed their domestic and North/South American operations flying from airports such as BRS and BFS. Will the 787 replace these in the years to come?

I would probably guess at no, but please correct me if I am wrong. If not - what is going to replace them? Personally I think they should bring the aircraft back, make the winglets as standard and maybe look at new engines with a similar power but more efficient.

Would this work?

Thanks.