PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Establishment of QD
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 21:08
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" after 6 months of flying i have had to move back to my parents home because of the pay and who wants to spend the next 5 years flying to singapore and LAX".
As you know this is obviously because of the cheaper wages and the more work they do and also its not really an appealing job because its more tiring (more hours worked) and there's no financial reward for it (weekends, public holidays, no bidding, jet lag, B/First-for-free)...

Oh but you do get to wear the uniform!

So...at the end of the day....no matter which division we are in SH or LH...we are both dead men/women walking.
Isn't the number of QCCA going to beat the number of QAL in 3 years? And domestically I'm sure this will happen in years to come, meaning no power to QAL in the future. I believe you are right Domestos.

In addition, perhaps QD and QCCA crew will get a taste of this too, when Qantas decide to find a cheaper option and move everyone to that cheaper option (like MAM to QD eventually) also eg: QCCA to QCCA2 in a few years! I think a job at Qantas is safe, but conditions will never be safe in the long term - a lot of swapping and changing and this is the beginning. Australian Airlines and MAM and Jetstar EBA crew are gone/going because they're not the cheapest anymore. How long till QCCA and QD won't be as cheap?