View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 03:43
powersfasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure about this BR?

Pilot redundancies ?

That’s a big call.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I know they are overburdened with flight attendants in Brisbane due to not getting the additional ATR. So potentially there could be a few lay offs in that department.

Regarding the bond and being made redundant. At M****R if you are made redundant then as far as the bond goes it is waivered and you go on your merry way to find another job. (Yes, I know, not as many merry jobs to choose from anymore).

Remember because they no longer need you then they are the ones breaking the bond, so they waiver any remaining costs.

This was well set out in the bond document I had. (Must see if I still have a copy somewhere). However there is a new EBA recently voted in and may have changed the bond(definitely don’t have a copy of that one).

As far as I know there were only two pilots that have been asked to move onto other jobs. Separate reasons for each and months apart, many months ago. Both cases NO training costs were required to be re-paid to the company.

So I can’t see management pursuing training costs if you go on the history of the last few cases.

So if you were made redundant (that’s a big unconfirmed if) then you would be smart to dig out the Current EBA and go over it very closely.

That is, unless you did something willfully negligent against company property, now that is a different matter.

Plenty of negligent decisions made in city office I can recall. (Loosing the BHP contract, unreal).

Anyone on the inside with accurate info regarding the present state of play?