PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 28th Dec 2008, 14:59
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
cc2180 said On the 6th November 2007; http://www.pprune.org/3684564-post1058.html

Hi all

First timer here, off to my phase 2 in a couple of weeks. Very excited.

Was just wondering, during phase 3, if its a good thing that you have family/friends in the industry, or to try not to mention it?

Also, it says, Dress Code: Suit, or smart casual....but everyone puts on a suit right?

Thx

I'd been bearish most of 2007 and totally bear for months by the time you asked the question above. So I wasn't too late to have offered you a timely warning - did you take heed I wonder?

I'm not rubbing people faces in anything. I've been laughed at ridiculed and called a doom monger for the last 18 months not for my own glory but as part of a free service to Wannabes.

What you might not appreciate is the fact they I am plenty worried about my own airline and my own job. I have taken steps to reduce my spending, pay off debts and generally batten down the hatches. I am highly sceptical that my own employment will continue unassailed by the coming tsunami of airline failures and cutbacks. If I lose my job I'm just as stuffed as a 200hr Wannabe. Probably more so. I'm not writing from the comfort of retirement here.

When things flatten off then turn up I very much look forward to writing about it again.