PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Establishment of QD
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 14:52
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whitelighter12345: Oh dear...so they've decided to do an 'Alice in Wonderland' trick on the muffins. Babes, its been a while since I've done AM refreshment on a short sector in the main cabin...so understandably I am out of touch with the culinary updates. I am better at 'tray-wrangling' [long sectors].

QF Skywalker: Babes...I'd be happy to buddy bid with you so as long as you:

1. Aren't a member of the beehives
2. Do not wear Lesbian Loafers
3. Do not use paper liners (except for taking drink orders off crew for duty free purchase and for giving out phone numbers to pax)
4. Feel at ease watching me toss a cory pot/oven rack/coffee mug down the garbage collection cart
5. Are able to spot out B.O.B. with an eagle eye
6. Do not use a silly grandma fold-away-wheelie to transport your esky bag
7. Do not use full bright lighting in the galleys...even if your life depended on it
8. Do not froth at the mouth if you see me dragging/operating a fully laden meal cart with bar on top all by myself.
9. Are comfortable using 3 drawers on top of a meal cart that is triple stacked on a regional flight. [MEL base....this one counts you out...I know you love to use only one drawer on top]
10. Can contribute to the general pool of gossip in the galleys. Any gossip is good gossip. Bonus points if the gossip involves someone sleeping with someone or someone's misfortunes (eg. demotions/being stood down/disciplinary action). I looooove gossip...being the source of it; creating it; spreading it; and adding to it.

Flitegirl and ditzboy: You are both right in your analysis of the situation and so too is Cartexchange. The truth of the matter is....both outcomes are right. QCCA will one day out vote QAL over at LH. On the other side of the coin.....even though QD is not a part of QAL, the company will still use it to their advantage by playing off one entity against the other in a sort of mini war where one tries to outdo the other. There is merit in cartexchange's argument and there is also merit in flitegirl & ditzyboy's. The company has all its bases covered to manipulate its own desired outcome. This 'power' requires very little effort on the part of Qantas....the outcome will be delivered by virtue of the arrangment that the company has set up:

1. Over at LH....the company does not have to lift a finger...they know that QCCA will someday out vote QAL.

2. Over at SH...the company does not have to lift a finger....it will siphon off multi day and DTA generating trips to QD...and gradually, SH QAL will slowly jump ship.

So...at the end of the day....no matter which division we are in SH or LH...we are both dead men/women walking.