PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 13:30
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, Amex. "yes, ze French legal syteme, she is what she is and you 'ere on your shildish website - poof! you make no difference je pense."

I agree that the French system is intractable. But I strongly disagree with those somewhat patronising, dismissive comments about Pprune. I think PPrune can - and sometimes does - make a difference and there are many examples over the years. Pprune was instrumental in getting bums off seats in the BRS runway resufacing fiasco, and thats just one fairly recent one that comes to mind. Having said that, BRS was - from a pilots viewpoint - a critical situation with a real possibility of a catastrophe. Aircraft were visibly struggling and minor rwy excursions were happening on almost a daily basis. There was a good chance that something serious would happen if no action was taken.

I'm not convinced - apart from the needs of those immediately involved and bereaved - that the same urgency exists here. But suppose it does. I'm not an expert on ICAO Annex 13. What does it say about 'expediency'? Or, as the country of incident and country of manufacture are the same, doesnt it matter?

Rob