PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 09:12
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Ayla and EHBH;

Allow me to clarify. Ayla is approved by Gulf Air means that any Ayla graduate can get a job with Gulf Air. This does not mean they are guaranteed a job, just that they could get a job if they pass all the requirements and Gulf Air wants them. A graduate from any other academy in Jordan (besides Ayla) can still work for Gulf Air if they want to hire him, but he/she will need to take an approved JAA ATPL course. Ayla offers this course and we have already graduated a class of Bahraini Pilots who are now first officers at Gulf Air. I checked as late as last week, andwe are the only Academy in Jordan approved by Gulf Air. The only other one, QAC, is in Qatar.

BDB is only a financer, but they have no say or opinion on where the cadets train. In fact, the CEO of BDB was very clear in his meetings with us that BDB does not try to direct the cadets in any way, and that they leave that decision to the cadet(s). I beleive this is a very wise policy.

The BDB finance scheme that is backed by the Bahraini Government (and now has the attention of the Bahrain Labor Fund) is extremely progressive, and i admire them for it. For obvious reasons, it is only available for Bahrainis.

Although we market regionaly, the majority of our cadets are form Bahrain (approx 60%). The rest are from Jordan and other countries in the region.

I hope i have answered everything.