PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 03:02
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear SilveR5;

Like i said, i am always happy to answer serious questions, so please feel free.

1. Our material stated clearly that our syllabus is JAA based, not JAA approved, and that the license is a CARC license. One would assume a high school graduate with reasonable english could distinguish the two. nevertheless, we decided to remove all reference to JAA from our material to be 100% on the safe side. the cadets that felt they were mislead were offered a refund. two of them had been at Ayla just over two weeks, and they received a 100% refund. the rest decided to stay.

We do have plans to try and get JAA approval for our groudn school, but we cannot promise a timeline yet.

2. MPL is based on a partnership between an airline and an FTO. An FTO cannot do an MPL program on it's own because the course depends on the partner airlines' SOP's. We were ready to launch MPL, but our partner airline decided (for financial reasons) to delay it. we intend to use the time to develop our MPL program even more.

3. I believe it is a combination of anger and frustration. perhaps some x-employees who are disgruntled, perhaps some x-cadets who were delayed and decided to leave (contrary to their sponsor airlines' advice). perhaps some envy from competitors. hard to tell why people become so rude and offensive. If Ayla was that bad, why are they taking so much time and making so much effort to badger us....they should be happy that they are no longer here and move on, no?

4. My advice to anyone is to VISIT Ayla. i will personaly show you around, and you can meet and interview our ground and flight instrutors, our staff, and our cadets. you can inspect our syllabus & manuals, and fly our simulators. see our housing facilities. in fact, you should do this no matter where you decided to study. it is the best investment you will ever make.

Marwan