PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 02:43
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Subzero-911;

one of the ayla buildings is located next to a house with a very conservative family. the people living in the house next door would see our cadets in shorts and t-shirts, hanging out on the balcony which overlooks the house, sometime playing music, and they became a little concerned. they tried to complain to the cadets, but it was not taken seriously. one day, a couple of teenage boys from the house next door tried to pick a fight with the cadets, and threw a stone and broke a window. fortunately no one was hurt.

we immidiately filed a complaint, and met with the police chief, who arranged for a meeting between myself, the cadets, and the parents of the kids next door. the parents were extremely apologetic and ashamed of what their kids had done, and they promised to take care of our cadets as if they were their own kids. they even invited them to lunch for them the next day. however, our cadets were not comfortable staying their, so we moved them to another building the next day, and coverted the old building into a staff housing facility.

in my view, it was just a couple of teenage kids probably a little envious of our guys, probably with a little too much testosterone. i did not feel arresting the kids would do any good (in fact i felt it would only escalate matters), but i told our cadets it was their decision. they decided to drop the charges.