PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 00:57
UNOME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil We're on the road to nowhere...

Sunstar 320

(I had given up on Prrune but my new Global Blackberry makes prruning a breeze…)

Not sure what happened to the MD, but I believe he was responsible for the ADL decision and didn’t top the popularity list.

Rodney Rude seems very passionate about Tiger, maybe he/ she can confirm the factuality of the departures and give us an idea about the real game plan?

I don’t think there is any bitterness as raised by Wardog, in fact I have to be honest, I have good mates in Tiger and would prefer to see it grow however, one can’t go trudging through the unprofitable, muddy goat tracks left by previous failed operators and hope to succeed. The established and very profitable paved roads have plenty of room left, you just need some more aircraft, in fact lot’s more, in order to have a go.

As Sunstar said what about MEL- BNE, and then BNE-CNS, TSV, DRW, PER, BROOME, ASP, ADL, etc… Is it lack of terminal space that closed this obvious option? What is the deal with SYD? Maybe the obvious thing lost on Tiger management is the requirement for the "early flight out and late flight return" to/ from the big cities. Two earlies (6am/ 7am) and two lates are all you need to start the ball rolling.

I remember the CEO crowing about not doing the "BNE-SYD-MEL golden triangle" and going where no man has gone before...but surely 180 seat A320s need both a large population and increasing traffic growth in order to make money?

Is ADL-HBA-MEL really the new "golden triangle"or just a map of Tassie??