PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 27th Dec 2008, 22:06
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 208 Likes on 75 Posts
I would say those considering Bankruptcy - would should not be fit for the job. They have shown a serious lack of judgement, which I would not want any pilot having when I was flying with him.

The pilot would have to be Dumb to believe there would be a job waiting for him as soon as he finished his CPL/IR with 200 - 250 hours.

I'm afraid you'll find that the modern Skipper is often spending his day in the flightdeck with FO's who owe more to the bank than he does and they have only the banger in the car park and their license to their name. Your hard-ass attitude wouldn't be popular.

Wannabes WEREN'T dumb to believe there would be a job waiting for them. In 2006 a CTC cadet coming back from New Zealand had the agonizing choice of several airlines and 6 months later going straight to BA shorthaul. Who could possibly blame a wannabe for signing up to a loan from a world class bank to attend a well respected training organisation that was happily and rapidly placing cadets in household name airlines? I tell you what - the Bankruptcy Judge certainly won't blame them.

ps Clear Prop! So, I called the house price crash and you poo poo'd me. I called the recession and you poo poo'd me. I called the oil price peak and you poo poo me. I'm starting the think you just don't like me.. I'm calling a wave of personal bankruptcy - at whatever stage of wannabeism you are at its as well to be prepared and knowledgeable about it.