PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 20:23
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear subzero-911. I am not sure why you did not pass your physical exam, but i can assure you it had nothing to do with Ayla. Physical exams (know as medical) are done by an aviation doctor approved by the Civil Aviation Regulatory Comission "CARC". There is no such thing as Jordan Aviation Authority by the way. it used to be the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and now it is known as CARC.

Ayla does use a JAA (Joint Aviation Authority) ground school syllabus. it is NOT JAA approved, but JAA based which was clearly stated in our marketing material and our web site. Nevertheless, to completely avoid any possible confusion, we have completly removed any reference to "JAA" from our web site and brochure.

Yes, some of our cadets do have playstations. they also have ipods and laptops. But i can assure you they fly more than any other academy in the region due to the fact that we are located in a very quiet airport, with very good year round weather, and the highest instructor to cadet ratio in teh region (4 to 1). in fact, except for class delta which was delayed due to a major fleet change, each one of our courses graduated on schedule, and we continue to be on schedule so far. if and when delays occur (something every safe pilot should understand), we do our best to cope, so long as it does not compromise safety or quality of training. i would rather delay a class than rush them through, even though it is more expensive for the academy as we have a fixed price contract.

Anyways, I wish you luck in Australia. i just finished watching the movie "Australia" with Nicole Kidman, and i envy you "mate".