PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens within NATS after the pension results are in??
Old 27th Dec 2008, 16:31
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TAD

you have the division of NSL and NERL, but the division I was thinking of is the fact that different units are at each others throats.

What with banding, (unfounded) rumours of Swanwick voting 'yes' en masse etc, I think that the company is very divided and that these and other issues have also smashed morale. There is a level of mistrust and resentment between ATCO grades at different units which has played right into managements hands.

cross training for AC and TC simultaneous validation has already started
I think you might be being misled there. If you are alluding to a certain LAC ATCO recently promoted to GS(TC) then I think you will find that said ATCO will not be keeping his AC validation and will have to validate on a TC sector (doesn't have to be a core sector mind you, could be East or another noddy non-core sector).

This is in spite of any loud noises being made by a certain WS who not long ago arrived from windy Wales. As the saying goes, empty barrels make the most noise and this WS doesn't really have a clue, nor any management ability - but if the face fits... promote it. It's still an old boys club to a large extent.

To be fair to the promoted ATCO in question, he is keen to validate on a TC sector. It will mean giving up his AC validation however.