PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield working practices, conditions, and Contracts
Old 26th Dec 2008, 11:18
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a clause mentioned above which seems to me to be plainly un-enforceable. You are a self-employeed person. This means you can choose who you provide services for, and when. You have the right to have more than one customer. Now BRK says you have to take 1 month off and are not allowed to earn money from any other aviation related business. How on earth can an agency dictate to a self-employed person in this way? Forget about still being able to do 900 hrs in 11 months. There is no guarantee of work. I even hear contractors are on SBY (= duty) for no pay. I really can not get my head around how anyone can defend such a position as prohibiting a self-employed person from earning a living however they choose.
No doubt if you rock the boat no work will come your way. I also hear you have to give a notice period of 3 months. Again, how on earth can a self-employed person, who has no guarantee of work, be required to give notice. To whom? You are working for your self.
Where's Flying lawyer?