PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Establishment of QD
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2008, 10:37
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there dizzylizzy....

The employment of CSMs will be reserved purely for QAL for the period of 18 months from the date of employment of the very first QD employee. Of course this is all in theory....what will happen in reality is that Qantas will not promote any QAL to CSM for 18 months from the commencement of QD (why would they...they've just transferred 16 to LH citing that there is an oversupply of CSMs at SH). Then, after 18 months...Qantas will turn around and promote the first QD CSM. I also bet my money that few QAL employees will get CSM...of course, Qantas would make it appear that they are giving everyone equal opportunity...but in reality, they will only select QD employees, with say 1 or 2 QAL thrown in so that it won't look so suss.

Our only way forward is to unite together....but the SH FAAA is way too stubborn and selfish to do so...the elected officials stand to loose too much if we united with LH FAAA because J.P and JA.D know that they have more effective counterparts in the other division usurping their jobs. The SH FAAA stands to gain a lot more by having all of its wrinkly, old, cigarette-stained boney fingers in the domestic airline's pies. I would happily overthrow the SH FAAA if I knew that I had the support of my colleagues at SH....unfortunately, it would be a loosing battle for me, as we all know, SH is full of beehives from TAA and AA, who are happy to do 2 legs MEL everyday.