PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it so hard to find good pilets?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2002, 02:34
WARNINGTERRAIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well pull I did read your original post, I also read the one where you were in agreeance with spinerhead.

NO SLAVE. You are right on the money mate, I could not agree more with your statements.

Spinner let me ask you something mate. For someone to be doing the job you describe dont you think that they should be paid well and kept in good conditions? I was in the NT working my ring off, did I complain? No not at first, when I heard the other boys complaining I could not imagine why. I mean I was working 12 hours a day and getting paid $AU150 per week, hell I was lucky, at least I had a job.

It wasnt till I had been there a while and I realised that the work I was doing was making big money for the company and its chief pikelet, and I was not seeing any of it. Then the complaints started to flow. I am sure most of you will know who I am talking about. Let me tell you there is not many a happy pilot up there at the moment. I worked with these guys and did ICUS with them. They are all good pilots. I can not recall many times when any of us turned down a flight. If the weather was bad we would wait down at the airport for it to clear enough to have a go. But you could always expect to hear "Yeah ***** you on chennel" then "Yeah why arnt you virtually airborne yet" So you would have to make up something about not being able to find the pax.

Look I am going to cut this short I could go on for ever. To finnish up.

Was I there for the hours and only that? Yes

Did I work hard and do a good job? I think we all did.

Did we get rewarded? No

Do I think the company got its moneys worth from me?Yes

Did I ever turn down a flight or turn back for any reason? Once in just over a year.

Anyway good luck to you boys still up there, I know you are trying so hope you get out of there soon. I really feel for those working the "Golden Triangle" NGU-RRB-UPG