PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is MAS still open for new Cadet recruitment?
Old 10th Apr 2002, 01:25
MR. Login

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redondo,

Haiya, wai u so like that one? U were offered and accepted a scholarship "ina" subject u like but now u find that de werk is too boring. So now U wanna be airline pilot flying 300 pax all over. I'm paying my ass off for you to graduate and contribute your worth, ie: your PhD brains to something higher, stronger, faster, good, gooder, goodest. But no, U want to be pushing button for the rest of your adult life, because maybe u got glittery eyed.

Maybe Old Lanchau is right afterall. U shud be in the airforce, where you can play General, fly in a battle formation and practice shooting tin cans for some good part of your adult life, then after that join the airlines to become glorified drivers as he says it, and then when the sun is going down in your life, u suddenly realised that you have been effed up and U end up being a virtual general in this forum with Usman, lanchaping everyday with the computer by your side. I prefer my F22 Raptor, by Novalogic, for all that crap.

Regardless, if u really want to join the airlines, u gotta be more resourceful than this. There have been quite a few postings already on this topic, and what u can do is by clicking on all the topics from about six months ago on various advices on how to go about it.

Easiest way of course is by picking up the phone, make a call to flight ops and ask to be directed to Flt Ops Human Resources Manager. Have a word with the bloke, find out for yourself all u wanna know and then take positive steps to either complete ur PhD or to chuck it out of de window. Actually, I shouldn't be telling you this because it's all too easy. U reckon coming to this forum will get u proper answers? If that's the level of ur research, maybe u shud quit ur post grad. Sounds arrogant I know, but if u were to turn up for an interview and appear like u haven't done much except asking people of little substance like me and toy soldier like Lanchau, they probably give u the cadetship anyway because of the "Bumi" factor. Then after a while, when u find that pushing buttons is again boring, maybe u can go direct into management. As u've said, they have been after u..so , u know.