PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 23rd Dec 2008, 00:38
Sciolistes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getoffmycloud,
Even jobs in the middle east (that bastion of aviation) are starting to dry up.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not suggesting it will be easy. The Middle East aviation is still expanding. You and I probably can guess that they will cut back on that, but to what degree? I don't think Asia is as exposed as the mainstream press suggest. There are many more growing economies than China and Japan is not the be all and end all of the region. My message is if you want the job then and open mind, adaptability and flexibility will be key assets. All in my opinion of course.
No worries scolistes but don't put you cash on the line betting on the government or BoE getting us out of this mess in a painless fashion.
Fascinating stuff and, well, yes, quite, that is what I am saying. The purpose of my post was to highlight that one way or another and sooner rather than later, the UK (in particular) is in a situation that it cannot get out of without real hurt.
Geeez re-heat you are something else.... so where exactly do you disagree with my original post
What Re-heat is saying is that the mechanics that you are delving in are maybe are not as relevant to the core point that relates to the supply of money. Re-heat is not disagreeing with you in principle but also makes the point that if you delve into detail then it is necessary respond as such too. I welcome Re-heat's response as I welcome yours. He also made a point that has highlighted more research required on my part. Don't be frustrated by disagreement or indeed of armchair economists like myself. It is complex and difficult to get across in words without considerable volume.

WWW,
Its also remarkably difficult to find this sort of material on the web outside of certain economics forums...I find it frankly sinister that not even the very basics of banking, finance and money is taught in the education system.
Indeed, it is very sinister. One example is the recent Madoff scam. There are endless articles dedicated to it but not one single article can I find in the mainstream press that has any real substance. You will not find the mainstream media explaining how monetarism works. I suspect that the reality of the Madoff scam is that he simply practiced a form of embezzlement not too dissimilar to that practiced legally by the banks on a daily basis! If the average man on the street understood how, they wouldn't believe it.

Flying Squid,
FWIW (I hated the subject then I didn't pay attention), I studied Economics at 'O' Level, the subject concentrated on the markets (very basic stuff) which is really a parallel subject to fractional (or zero!) reserve monetarism.

Last edited by Sciolistes; 23rd Dec 2008 at 00:52.