Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 17:53
Truthful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike.Park

x-country
Thanks for the info Icecream_pilot.

Isnt it an ICAO requirement that you fly solo and land at two aerodromes different to that of your point of departure? From what I remember, this is considered your qualifying cross country flight and you won't get your PPL without doing so!

So for example AQJ (departure) -> Airport One -> Airport Two -> AQJ (Return)
Of course you are absolutely right but here in AAA there are six, out of eight GIs, un-licenced. One requirement for taking PPL and CPL exam is that every GI will sign on the record form of every student for the subject which he has taught them. Similarly an IGI must teach them IR, however presently no IGI is there in AAA. Also, the simulator installed in Ground School is un-licenced and un-certified but still it is being used to impart training to the students. CARC know all these shortfalls but still it is silent. If tomorrow one students of AAA is involved in a serious accident in future, then the accident investigators will have to check all these records of the pilot concerned. Now my question is that who will then be responsible for these shortfalls in the training of that student???????

I mean to say that violation of rules in AAA = AIDS is a normal phenomenon with the help of feloos and wasta. Otherwise for x-country flight, apart from landing at an airfield other than departure, even the minimum distance between the two is also specified.

Last edited by Truthful; 22nd Dec 2008 at 19:07.