PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 16:05
getoffmycloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries scolistes but don't put you cash on the line betting on the government or BoE getting us out of this mess in a painless fashion. There is no "tweaking to be done"... they have already thrown the kitchen sink at it and are now scrabbling around for another plan.

Geeez re-heat you are something else.... so where exactly do you disagree with my original post... is it that you cannot build a yield curve from the interbank rate (even though the BoE does it every day and posts it on their website/Bloomberg etc etc)??? You seem to agree on everything else but still deem my original post " dodgy".... or are you just being "argumentative"

P.S. I have changed the wording in my original post to SWAP curve from Yield curve to make it sooooo much clearer for the armchair economists amongst us.... . I apologise to all those who require a distinction between the different type of yield curves the BoE publishes be it gilts or SWAPs.... but many funnily enough won't give a cr*p about the distinction...

P.P.S. there are many different types of yield curve... those interested can have a look here... mortgages in the UK typically price of the rate 3-4yrs out... hence not base rate like I said originally... hence you can cut base rate to zero but cost of funding new mortgages and hence their prices may not change.
Yield curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by getoffmycloud; 22nd Dec 2008 at 16:23.