PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 15:49
getoffmycloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geez mate this is getting boring for everyone and don't be such a pendant. this is direct copy from the BoE website...

What are Yield Curves?

The Monetary Instruments and Markets Division of the Bank of England estimates yield curves for the UK on a daily basis. They are of two kinds. One set is based on yields on UK government bonds (gilts) and includes nominal and real yield curves and the inflation term structure for the United Kingdom. The other set is based on sterling interbank rates (LIBOR) and on yields on instruments linked to LIBOR, short sterling futures, forward rate agreements and LIBOR-based interest rate swaps. These commercial bank liability curves are nominal only.

But of course the BoE has been known to be wrong... you clearly know more about it than them and I am not getting into a willie waving contest with you.

Bottom line is lowering base rate does not necessarily impact on the price of originating a new mortgage... full stop..... my knowledge is not "dodgy" and I don't give a monkey's if I come across rude... anyone who thinks the BoE is "artificially" going to get us out of this mess have a issue with either basic English or economics.