PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 10:50
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a Balpa member in the past and just to give you one example of where it will get you......

At an Easyjet meeting of Balpa I expressed my disappointment at the deal the company were offering and my continuing frustration at the appalling rostering that we had to endure year after year.(Don't believe me ? Ask someone who was there from 1997-2004 ish)

The Balpa spokesman suggested that amongst a few run of the mill others, some helicopter operator in Scotland had been offered a similar deal to the one on the table so basically we should be happy with it! I made the point that Easyjet was not exactly in the same category and we should be aiming just a little higher?!( In fact I just wanted the rostering sorted)

After the meeting I received a call on my mobile from one of the Balpa employees - (not a Easy council member) basically suggesting I should wind my neck in!!!!! I was gobsmacked! I'm sure I reminded him who was paying his salary and probably swore once or twice at him......

Anyway you self righteous posters constantly telling us Ryanair pilots what useless low down tossers we are should really have a look at the whole industry.Grim for example - do you really know what other companies are like? I don't think you do.Keep dreaming of your own little fantasy island you recall from years gone by.

To the one percent of pilots I have met who would put their money where their mouth is.........I apologise. To the rest of you I suggest having a look at yourselves before getting on your white chargers and pointing fingers.

I meet a lot of Ryanair pilots in my work and the vast majority are happy with their lot. Most guys who have been around appreciate that stable rosters and decent money are the big attraction and that is what Ryanair offers.Like anywhere it has its moments but I for one quite like it!

Merry XMAS to my Ryanair colleagues.