PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2008, 07:53
wardog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNOME and AAF,

I don't disagree with you, in fact you both have very valid points, in particular UNOME. I do however feel that I may have poorly explained my position.

I by no means believe that the TT contract is comparable in terms of benefits or returns when compared to the other carriers out there, and certainly not Virgin. By similar I was refering to the bottom line wage setup, I do acknowledge that Jetstar offers substancial benefits over Tiger. I was more so simply paying tribute to the fact that there isn't a lot of work out there, the pay is generally a very poor return for the investment laid out and TT is offering a step up for some people.

Those people who make the choice to either accept or refuse the contract are making just that, their own choice. Others shouldn't take the high ground and judge because each person has their own reason for accepting such conditions.

TT does not hide the fact that they are a LCC, infact they brag about the fact that they are one of, if not the cheapest in terms of overheads of all the LCCs. We all know LCC equals tight bottom line, this is reflected in everything including pilots pay and conditions.

At the end of the day to believe they offer a fruitfull career is very narrow minded. To use them as a step in building quick hours and a rapid command more realistic. When the Middle East market is still growing, is the only place that still offers the benefits we all want, and asks for around 2000 Jet, TT is one of the best options out there right now.

As for the turnover at TT, I agree, it is very high, and for those starting, it must be promising if you want a fast command. But like the man said, don't come bitching, your decision, your problem.