PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF selection
Thread: RAF selection
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 23:19
boo121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i gathered i'd be on the recieving end of a lot of banter here, but hey! I give as good as I get

Sure "discharged", i've just graduated this year with architecture degree part 1 (im not fully qualified architect) have the appropriate a-levels etc. Time isn't on my side, so i wana get it right first time. Its a huge career change for me, but i'm not satisfied working behind an office desk for the rest of my life and in a way wish i'd looked into joining the RAF 3 years ago, but can't win em all.

I think i've got what it takes, but i imagine everybody else applying is thinking the same thing! so my plan is to prepare as much as i can and get some advice from people who are already doing the job im applying for.

I was talkin to my mate who serves in the raf in the regiment and said to me there are 2 types of pilots - one is somebody who is good at aptitidue, carries himself well, good body language etc - the other is ACE at the aptitude, and just couldn't really give a rats ass. pilots are looked at being the RAF ideal, so they've gotta look the part etc.

Cheers for the links btw mch appreciated. i'll probably be back on, in a couple of days with some questions. I dont like staying too long in front of my computer for too long ya know... its a bit lame... but for those of you who with the ghostly white face tans, please continue the banter...