PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bringing a Grand C208 to Dunnuunda & Godzone?
Old 9th Apr 2002, 16:41
Flying Bean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Thanks for your input guys, but your right, it looks like a non starter.
The aircraft is a 14 seat commuter with the pod. Has the Radar altimeter but not GPWS. As it is ex South America we do not have the UK-CAA package so we will have to confine our roaming to the wilder areas of Africa (i.e.All of it!!!)
Most of the African territories are very short on their fleets so they are quite relaxed about foreign aircraft with local operators.
But I see that you guys in A & NZ are quite sophisticated despite having all that bush to roam (and fly) around.
Pity. I would have been a nice experience for a few months.
I will have to use that well known Bush Operation, Quantas, to get to see Australia!! :-) :-) :-)

By the way does A & NZ permit Scheduled ops with the single Engine Turbine? We are just about to start that battle in Zambia.

Additional Post:
Having just read some of the posts today on Commuter problems, what ARE the C208's doing in A & NZ? Pax Sched? Pax Charter? Freight? We do a 500 nm triangle for an operational cost of about US $1600. We break even at about 10 pax for the whole triangle. Interested to hear views on your situation.

Last edited by Flying Bean; 9th Apr 2002 at 17:42.