PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merry Christmas from NATS
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2008, 17:22
Ivor_Novello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a trainee on a minimum wage (or little above it) I actually think the costs of staff and resources involved with publishing the "Bar Stool Blogs" probably exceeds my yearly salary.

But of course, cutting back trainees' salaries a few years ago, and limiting our T&C's quite severely, doesn't seem to have helped financially at all.
We joined knowing that the trainees T&C's are much worse than it used to be a few years ago. But you accept it, because it's already there at the time you join.
Next the pensions.
I feel for my future colleagues that will join the company with the new scheme. But for them it will be normality, 'cause they hadn't known any better. Therefore it won't be too big a blow when in a few years their conditions get furtherly deprived.

Like in a perverse transitive relation, I get shafted, and I'm upset and annoyed about it. Next guy gets shafted, not only I find it normal because it already happened to me, but it also makes me accept the fact I got shafted. After all, happens to everybody... Then the next guy, and the next...
That way our conditions get constantly deprived in the long term.

It can only go one way, and it's not up !!!