PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all those who think they are on a bad deal.
Old 21st Dec 2008, 14:02
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nuageblanc, those fortunate enough to live where they are based have an alternative to working in a bank or post office, it's called Ryanair.
You seem to think everyone that works for them has never worked elsewhere & wasted vast chunks of their life losing time in some hotel somewhere they probably have been a 100 times & don't want to be at that moment.
Of course for you, at this obviously early stage of your career, it is all so glamorous, well I am happy for you. When you have spent a few years or indeed a few decades doing it you will see that even if you arrive home a little tired, sleeping in your own bed with your own partner isn't actually the worst option. Those on a 5/4 roster will probably have 1 standby a week, so 4 on 4 off AND at home. . . . or you prefer 3 sectors & a night in the Sofitel in Marseilles I suppose, to each his own.
Whatever one's native tongue is , why can't you see too that everyone's situational awareness is enhanced by everyone speaking the same language, I have averted a few scares in CDG & indeed been aware of a few near misses too by virtue of understanding the V.F. transmissions. If only one language that EVERYONE spoke was in use, everyone would be afforded that extra safety net. I am sorry for you that it isn't your language in use world wide but that is life. BTW in Beauvais they don't get to practice their French very much, due to the sucess story that is French aviation outside of AF Most of my French colleagues are fairly happy in Ryanair for the same reason, France is not exactly full of opportunities for pilots now is it ?
Try proving to me that Ryanair employees are in breach of European or indeed Irish law as it relates to aviation employees and perhaps I can take your claim that they are working illegally seriously. As the rules relating to that profession stand they are not, even if your country would like to impose it's views on a third party country they can't, as there exists already legislation covering this situation.
I am aware there are AF pilots living everywhere under the sun, but, you are all based in Paris, so, like many others they are commuting. The joys & pitfalls of that lifestyle will become apparent to you around the time you are stranded and unable to get to work because your inbound aircraft diverted, it will become even more apparent around the time of your second divorce, if indeed two gullible women can be found to accompany you cher cloud.

Joyeaux Noel.