PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 20:40
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd bet my house that I know more people who have graduated the QF cadetship than you cebo and your comments regarding cadets with attitude are simply wrong. The number of cadets with attitude in QF is generally the same ratio as non cadets with attitude. Actually, now that I go back over my time in QF I reckon I've copped more 'tude from non cadets than cadets. Geez, perhaps I'd better start slagging GA drivers and military drivers. Actually though, now that I think about it, perhaps I'm just better off acknowledging that there are individuals who get into QF with the wrong attitude and their backgrounds are essentially irrelevant.

Also telling that cebo takes on the 'youngling' in mcgrath but leaves my comments uncontested. Another example of the intestinal fortitude of some cadet bashers I guess. (Note too how I don't tar all cadet bashers with the same brush). It's funny but I don't tend to hear much cadet bashing on the line. I wonder why that is? Is it that the attitude displayed by some of the bashers precludes them getting into QF in the first place? Is it that for those who get in the reality of flying with so many former cadets and realising that they're no different to other crew means they have nothing more to whinge about? Is it the lack of intestinal fortitude in expressing the opinion face to face on the line rather than anonymously via PPRUNE?

CIPP is another discussion all together. The reality is that QF have in the past- and again recently- taken cadets direct into QF.