PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 16:39
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the current market situation it is difficult to ask someone (particularly if he has upwards of 100k euros of debt courtesy of a FATPL &737TR) to rock the boat. Anyone with half an idea of the current market will undoubtedly take the U/L situation with more equanimity than they may have done this time last year.
This does not constitute an excuse, but as has been said ad infinitum there are too many different factions within RYR to make unification of ideas/conditions easy (if indeed it is even possible) & that was in good times , not now.
Ryanair capitalise on this of course, they do what they do to defend their corner far too well. It is the dumb pilots that have ALLOWED this, not Ryanair that have imposed it, if progress is ever to take place that is an important point to grasp.
The day they sacked Martin Duffy and everyone DIDN'T walk out the door was the day Ryanair knew they could do exactly as they damned well pleased. Nothing I have seen in my time there has given them cause to revise that opinion up till now. I don't know what it will/would take for the mouse to finally roar, but every time RYR push the envelope they continue to get away with it, what next ? ?