PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 16:17
IslamoradaFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might be incorrect, but I believe that the IBT was never on the ballot at Colgan. And with the NPA, does the endorsement of their Board come from a membership poll or just that sitting group? Given their turmoil and numerous changes of Negotiating Committees; five different at last count, one must ask if they speak for the majority or Air Tran or just are making a recommendation, albeit one with no other choices. There certainly seems to be some disparate opinions there, it appears the IBT decision was more based on not wanting to get into the middle of an internal dispute that may be yet unresolved.

The ball is now, as mentioned in the IBT court. If their new President is breaking from the old and intent on bringing about change, he certainly has the opportunity in this case.

To do so will leave his naysayers within ALPA, on this and other forums to seek new excuses to comiserate.

"atlast" ...Thank you for informing me about Mr. Rilly. It appears that FedEx is now sadly looking at potential cutbacks. We must assume that he will soon focus his immaturities elsewhere if he is one of those affected.