PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 11:57
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a bloke whose son works for Ryanair.

Poor bloke, you could tell he was a bit embarrassed about it. "He'll only be there for a few years and nobody else was recruiting" He offered in his sons defence.

I tried to console him by asking if things were really that bad, after all there are usually a few people on here saying what a good employer they are etc.

The bloke went on to explain about his son's Ts and Cs and I was actually quite shocked. It's a shame that pilots continue to help that awful company drag every one else's hard fought for conditions down.

I expect most employers these days look at Ryanair and think that if they can get pilots to work so hard for such poor salaries and pensions then they'll try the same.

The problem is that when these Ryanair pilots move on to a better company the long term driving down of conditions will already have set in.

What do all you Ryanair pilots think you will do when you are in your late 50s or 60s? When will you be able to retire? What kind of pension will you have? How many hours a year will you still be flying?

It's a bit cheeky complaining about your forced unpaid leave or whatever on here when you work for Ryanair and you're clearly dragging everyone else's lot down. You work for Ryanair, everyone knows they are and always will be a terrible employer. How can any Ryanair pilots seriously be surprised when these things happen to them?