PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 22:20
Deltabravowhiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miami Freight
I just got into an airline accident and am in jail in a foreign country. ALPA, understandably, won't take my call. How long do I have to play house with my cell mate until I get some help? I'm tired of being the bitch.
Teamsters Rush to Assist Crew in Kalitta Crash

July 8, 2008 Teamsters officials rushed to Bogota immediately after they learned of a Kalitta cargo plane crash involving crew members belonging to the union, Airline Division Director David Bourne said Tuesday.

Teamsters Local 747 President E.E. Sowell is now in Bogota, where he is expected to be communicating directly with the pilots. Sowell, an attorney, will be representing the pilots’ interests. Two members of the local union’s go team are also in Bogota to help with the accident investigation.

“If something happens, we’ll be there,” Bourne said. “I understand the Teamsters’ safety team and the airline’s safety team have a good working relationship, and I expect a cause of the crash will be determined. We have notified our aviation safety consultant, Greg Feith, and he is available to assist should any problems arise.”

Eight crew members survived after their Boeing 747 crashed into a house near Madrid, Colombia. According to reports, two people inside the house were killed. The airplane was delivering a load of flowers from Bogota to Miami.

Some crew members were taken to the local hospital, while the more severely injured were taken to larger hospitals in Bogota.
The National Transportation Safety Board sent investigator Dennis Jones to assist Colombian officials in the investigation.

More On :
Kalitta Crew Members All Home

July 24, 2008

Local 747 reports that the eight Kalitta crew members downed near Bogota, Colombia, are all home. They suffered injuries that range from serious to minor. All are being treated by their own doctors.

A National Transportation Safety Board investigator is assisting Colombian officials in finding out what caused the accident.
The company is also undergoing a National Aviation Safety Audit Program (NASAP) audit. The July 7 crash in Colombia was the second crash of a Kalitta Air 747 in six weeks.

“We’re so grateful that all of our crew members are back home, though we’re deeply saddened by the loss of two lives as a result of the accident,” said Airline Division Director David Bourne. “Local 747 President Gene Sowell deserves a great deal of credit for rushing immediately to Bogota as he learned about the crash. This is what union members do for their brothers and sisters.”

All eight crew members survived after their Boeing 747 crashed into a house near Madrid, Colombia. According to reports, two people inside the house were killed. The airplane was delivering a load of flowers from Bogota to Miami.

Some crew members were taken to the local hospital, while the more severely injured were taken to larger hospitals in Bogota.

More On :