PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 20:49
antigravity61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have been reading the thread for a couple of weeks now. I got as much details as I could about flying at Maun and still going further in my search to land a job out there.
Before I say anything, my hearty thanks to waiterpilot for starting the thread and to all others who made this thread very interesting. Well wishes and speedy recovery to waiterpilot.
I got my FAA CPL IR/MEL with 270 TT. Though I have good opportunities here in US to start off with the first job, I find the bush flying around okavango delta truly amazing. I swear I have read this thread dozen times before I actually thought to contribute to this thread.
To me it seems there will be less job openings and more of job seekers making more competitive atmosphere in Jan - April 09, Maun. But in spite of knowing this, I have made up my mind to go there in Jan end and try my luck. Old boys can call me a wannabe, well thats what I am with a great enthusiasm to fly over the Africa.
One or two of the comments here in this tread are really demotivating . But cheer up guys and hope for the best .
Anyways, it will be nice and be in touch for those who are going to Maun early next year. Waiterpilot, I hope to meet you there.
Regards,