PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 19th Dec 2008, 16:20
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottom line....of course I want to be flying but until this pants economic situation sorts itself out that seems fairly unlikely so all I'm saying is that I am going to get my foot in the door that way for a while.

Student88 - I take your comments on board, I'm certainly not going to walk in and say look at me with my CPL/IR.....any airline is going to think what a tosser (and rightly so)....I'm not going to lie to the recruiters either because ultimately that looks ALOT worse than being upfront and honest. If I got a job as CC then for the time I'm doing that then it will receive my undivided attention, of course I'll be looking towards the flight deck longingly but that's life. The jobs arent there so (for the time being) I can't have one. Simple. Surely they can see some positive's to someone that get's off their arse and does something productive with their time until they can get a RHS...beats sitting on here whinging about how bad the world is!!!The jobs I'm looking at CC wise are only temporary contracts for 2009 anyway and there aint much chance of a RHS next year so.....