PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 19th Dec 2008, 16:05
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To become cabin crew before being a pilot is great experience.

However, I'd be really cheesed off if I ( a person who wants to be CC with only an interest in working the cabin) goes for a job and someone who is only going to be there until something better comes along gets it over me. Especially if he's going to be in the flight deck every 10 minutes not interested in what he's really doing. If I was you I'd keep quiet about the whole flight training thing which will be hard. As soon as airlines recruiting CC hear anything along the lines of pilot training big red warning lights start flashing which lead to you probably not getting the job. It's not worth running the "they cant do that it's discrimination"line because if they have a reason to not want to give you the job they'll find an excuse.

There are so many experienced CC out there looking for jobs - every assessment day for positions with various airlines recently have been rammed with them. You'll have a lot of competition against you.

Recession aside, people spending money like it's going out of fashion this Christmas. I'm glad my family are going for the present free option this year! None of us actually want anything so it seems like a good idea. Saves on the awkward moments like when you open your velour pyjama set from your aunty.

What a positive post. Merry Christmas!