PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield working practices, conditions, and Contracts
Old 18th Dec 2008, 18:22
skyflyer737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again a thread on Pprune seems to be getting unnecessarily long and complicated. I am a BRK pilot operating for Ryanair and I've never not been paid. Yes, mainly I don't get paid on 12th of the month but at the very latest it's 16th and that's only when weekends get in the way.

I'm not going to defend Ryanair or Brookfield as the contract is very much in their favour, but I'm pleased to have a job and get a very nice regular income from it. The unpaid month is not ideal but as long as you budget throughout the rest of the year it shouldn't be a problem.

Regarding late payment and employment law and debt-collection agencies....come on! If I was a self-employed plumber or builder and sent an invoice which got paid 3 days late I wouldn't start sending lawyers to their doorstep! Nor would I as a Brookfield pilot as if I did I'm sure it would have negative consequences...all for the matter of 2 or 3 days!

Chill out, relax and be happy to have a job which is well paid in the current climate. I would understand your point if everyone was a month behind on payments...but to the best of my knowledge that's nothing like the case.