PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield working practices, conditions, and Contracts
Old 18th Dec 2008, 14:07
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W.B. I hear from friends that they've been forced to take a calendar month off duty. They cannot find out who imposes is, other than it's in their contract with BRK, nor why.
If this a ruse for BRK to try and demonstrate they are not fulltime employees, it won't work, not after a few years of same. But you said in your posts that BRK pilots have to be self-employed or a company. If this is so, why the need for the previous scenario? Also, if so, how can an agency impose such a restriction? If indeed, if they can control what you do and how you do it, how can they also say you are an independant company? It all sounds very dubious. Do you have any factual insight?
Do any other agencies operate thus, and if not why not? I've worked for various contractors outside UK, and had discussions with some of the major agencies in recent years. None have suggested anything about a mandatory break in a working year. So what's behind this wth BRK?