PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ingham for CASA approved operators only
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 06:27
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMHO the MDA appears to be too close to the TH for safe FW ops at night, but mind you I'm just a rotor-head
SNID, yes and the lack of runway lighting at YATN would add to that challenge!

None-the-less, this is a big load of bureaucratic codswhallop! The approach plate says that you require CASA approval to use the approach and I want approval.

1) I don't see why the aerodrome needs to be licenced for me to get approval to use the approach as I land on the frigging thing anyway after flying the Mareeba RNAV approach.

2) Night is not an issue - cause there are no frigging lights anyway.

3) Its a private operation in an aeroplane that can easily fly the frigging approach and land comfortably on the frigging runway.

I am not looking to run RPT into the frigging place!

What I want is:

"The Dr, as Chief Pilot of Forkair, is hereby authorised to fly the YATN RNAV Approach in the Forktailed Dr Killer aircraft only, in the hours between first light and last light only"

Looks like an arse covering exercise to me! When I smack into the hills between Mareeba and Atherton, I guess someone can say, "Lucky we didn't let that f*cker fly the Atherton RNAV approach, the silly bastard might have killed himself"!

Dr

PS: What if I promise to fly the YATN RNAV Appr, and if visual at the MAP downgrade to VFR before I land?