PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Sector Pensions Overpaid
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 12:09
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Davejb,

I understood that Flying Pay was in fact an allowance and thus not a consolidated part of your pay, hence not calculable for pension purposes. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

and: -

Vin Rouge, I suggest you know little of which you dribble on about. The council I now work for is in the top quartile of the country, so by definition not inneficient. I also get paid less than the the private sector people doing similar work. My pension is not solid gold or even copper bottomed, in fact we have all just been the victim of "pay more, get less" adjustments to the entitlements. It's also pays less of a percentage for the years served than my service pension does, around 27% for 22 years as opposed to 33% for the RAF pension.

As for the civil service, I used to be one of those wasters who are merely keeping the unemployed numbers down. By and large they are dedicated people who are grossly underpaid and grossly overworked, well at least in the Pension Service they were.

As I said in an earlier post, please wind your collective necks in over public sector pay and conditions that you all know so much about, lest I bring up the free rent, free coal, free electricity and gas that everyone in the Forces gets. And THAT is as accurate as most of the posts re public sector workers.

Doc C.

ps I'm just as fiercly protective of the Armed Forces when people spout rot too!