PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair no longer hiring former employees?
Old 17th Dec 2008, 08:02
Bolter152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farty Flaps,

Real grown up statement, thanks for that. It speaks for your mentality by smashing the Ryanair model and all those 'kiddos' who believe that they can fly airplanes as great as you do...

Wheelie my Boeing,

That is correct indeed, there are still plenty of airlines that do not bond you on a type rating. But on the other hand, positions in those airlines are hard to get because everybody wants to be in. Perhaps, you've proven yourself to get in such an airline, congrats on that. Not everybody has the same luck or specific skill. So I believe respect to those who are working for an airline where a bonding on a type rating is needed, would be appreciated.

It is even necesary that agressive low fare airlines exist today. Imagine that there were no low fare airlines today. Oh yes, everybody will fly BA, AF/KLM, LH, etc? I guess not. Then the airline industry would face a far more 'spiral dive' because a lot of people can not afford flying on these airlines in times like this! And I'm not even talking about how much higher tickets of such airlines would be if low fare airlines would not exist...

So, you start to understand? A company on its own, or beter said, a bussiness model on its own without having competitors is doomed to fail!

Oh yes FF, this statement is made by such a kiddo who wants to fly airplanes as good as you do. I am not there yet, or even won't get there either . But I allready do know, that my experience in bussiness makes me a far better understander of todays economics.

Cheers