PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - accident in austria, flight UK to hungary (?)
Old 16th Dec 2008, 08:41
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I to write this, but I don't fellow Pilots who break elementary (basic) rules and/or regulations.
Rotorblast

You are in danger of not being taken serioulsy because your contribution strongly suggests you have a particular axe to grind. That would be a real shame if you have something to contribute about factors that may have contributed to this accident.

What a pilot may or may not have done 28 years ago is probably not relevant as an isolated instant. We can all fall into the trap of breaking the rules at some point, we all make mistakes. One mistake can have serious consequences and I am not making any excuses for breaking the rules even once but there is a difference between someone who is habitually a rule breaker and someone who does so once.

If you were so concerned about what you saw all those years ago perhaps it was worth making a complaint at the time. If you are still concerned you should contact the investigating authority. They will be interested in the "history" of the pilot and will want to talk to other pilots who knew him and knew how he flew.