PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying Club and HAC
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 16:34
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just came back from a day away from the PC (a relief).

Sorry to hear Zipper that you took offence at my posts. Seems to me I was pretty gentle in my wordings, if not i am truly sorry.

I took offence at no bearde woman's extreme sarcasm and did not post prior to that. She was away for a week or so, perhaps because he/she got banned, so i was not the only one taking offence apparently.

Both the school and the club have full right to existence in my view, I also feel whatever legal wrong doings are found should be prosecuted and dealt with in a proportional way (a punishment that fits the crime).

Finally I have never understood from this thread why a committee would give 3 days notice to a school (the club's plane supplier!) which had already decided to leave within a month without consultation of the members (the pilots using the planes) on an AGM which was due to take place within 2 weeks.

So Zipper, maybe my English isn't as good as yours (bl**dy foreigner....) and this is why you took offence to postings. Sorry again.

Both supporters of the club's committee as well as supporters of the school choose to fight a battle on a public forum, don't blame your audience for wanting more.

I would appreciate your comments on my remaining question above on why the AGM was thought not to be the correct platform for this crucial decision. I AM aware that legally the committee did not need the approval of the AGM, so this needs no further clarification, only the reason why they decided against taking to the AGM for a possible broad consensus prior to the notification