PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 13:07
A300BOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A300boy

Ok so your flying a heavy aircraft trans atlantic to a scruffy limiting airfield that has a marginal runway landing distance and the weather is just above limits and your next leg after making this approach and landing is a positioning flight to the big local no problem airport where you are all based and the crew will be home 3 hours earlier, What would you do ? I agree with our professional crew members safest option is best as it might be me or one of my family members in the back inconvienience is acceptable. However I do not believe you cannot improve the situation at Leeds operationally and it needs to be a priority for the new owners or stick to short haul smaller aircraft and forget larger and long haul aspirations. Just done some autolands at Luton as the waether was poor and the same problem of extended flare exists as at Leeds, and they have 10 million passengers a year, so Leeds can still develop I believe, remember technology continues to progress it was not so long ago we were told it was impossible to install Ils on runway 14 at all.