PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 12:02
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twisty Dead bowelage

Well ladies and gentlemen, I sit in hospital. I sit in hospital on this computer. I sit in hospital with a foot of dead intestine missing. I sit in hospital with a bag of my own urine facing me (which is very pleasant. I would even prefer to be serving trout about now - didn't think I'd be saying that two days ago...!).

I have certainly been getting my money's worth out of the NHS quite recently! First appendicitis, then some of my vaccinations, then dead twisty bowel removal (damn you dead twisty bowel!). My stomach is beggining to resemble a union jack of scarage! I never realised my bowel was so patriotic.

So this may throw my plans into some disarray - I'll have to ask the doctors whether this is likely to flare up again. If it is, I can't see myself heading out to Maun this season, as I wouldn't particularly want to get food poisoning, let alone a dead section of twisty bowel out there (as you may have guessed I have forgotten what the scientific name for dead twisty bowel syndrome is...)

At least that means one less person for competition for you guys! Every cloud and all that. I may yet go though - Ill keep you posted - it has been less than 24 hrs since my surgery and I'm already walking around so things arn't looking too bad. Sadly most websites I want to use to tell people of my horrific condition are blocked on this hospital PC(such as the book of face and even AOL for example - I don't really know what they expect us to go on instead....) - evidentally pprune not as well known outside the aviation community. So I thought I would mosey on down here and write some more drivel - anything to get out of bed.

Bit bloody annoying to be honest....

ANYWAY - back to Maun:

MKA742: Don't worry about it. It's pprune. There are always moany people on pprune; I and many others try and keep it cheerful (sadly I'm not so cheerful in this post - I do hope you will forgive me ), but you'll always get some people who try and drag it down. There is a difference between posting factual negative things and just being a general pain in the arse (sorry this is my bowel talking now). As others have said, any time is valuable time, so you don't need to worry on that provision.

Danny Tanner: When are you going back/ when did you go? / who you get a job with (PM me if you'd rather not broadcast it)

dogismycopilot: Your FAA licenses will be fine (or as fine as an FAA license can be )

nbv4: As the other two said it is definately maun as in 'gown' not maun as in 'lawn'. The locals make a bigger deal of the two syllables. Also something too watch out for when you first arrive - the handshake! Took me a little by surprise - starts off western, then you grab one anothers thumbs, then back to western. Or at least I think it was like that. I was never really that sure even when I left...

Hope that helps - better go - there's a drip waiting for me with my name on it! Joy!